Facial Acupuncture is a natural, non- surgical facial that is now very popular and a highly acclaimed alternative to invasive injections and chemical treatments. Tiny, painless acupuncture needles are inserted into various points on the face. Elise also draws on her shiatsu training and includes a massage component to the facial, using the pressure points in combination with gua sha paddles and oils. This transports the client into a relaxed, blissful state! Elise works on body points during the facial, adding to the effectiveness of the overall treatment.
How Does Facial Acupuncture Work?
- Increases blood circulation to the face, improving the oxygenation of the skin and thereby enhancing its tone and lustre.
- Stimulates the tiny muscles of the face.
- Increases cell regeneration, helping to smooth fine lines and to form collagen that has the effect of plumping up the skin.
- Clients invariably report feelings of well-being after one of Elise’s treatments. The effects are nowhere-near as pronounced as those produced by the artificial agent Botox. Facial acupuncture is a holistic and natural treatment that makes you look and feel great without unpleasant side effects.
Conditions not conducive for Facial Acupuncture
- Heart problems
- High blood pressure
- Diabetes Mellitus
- People who suffer from bruising easily or excessive bleeding
- Within 6 months of having Botox