Acupuncture can be used for pain conditions such as arthritic joints and back pain as well as other reasons such as people who feel generally unwell but have no obvious diagnosis.
During a session Elise takes a full case history and examines you pulse and tongue to help make your individual treatment plan. Needles are pre-sterilised, pre-packaged, used once and then safely disposed of.
Shiatsu is a hands-on, physical therapy that supports the body’s natural ability to balance itself. It originates from Japan but its roots are from Traditional Chinese Medicine. Elise uses her palms, hands, elbows and thumbs to stimulate meridians (pathways of energy) to balance energy flow in the body. It’s deeply relaxing and regular treatments decrease stress, maintain a healthy immune system and support general well-being.
Clinic sessions are offered only at Elise’s Colchester clinic.
Please contact Elise for appointments.
- Available afternoons from 12:30 to early evening.
- Each hour-long session is just £55.
Keeping safe during coronavirus
The British Acupuncture Council has given clinics permission to reopen provided they follow “Careful Practice”. Elise takes the following stringent hygiene measures to keep you safe:
- The clinic has been deep-cleaned and is disinfected between each patient. All surfaces and contact points are cleaned and couch covers, pillowcases and blankets changed.
- Before your session Elise will ask you to consent to treatment and to confirm that you have not been in contact with anyone with Covid-19.
- Elise washes her hands regularly and on arrival will ask you to do the same. Elise will take your temperature and provide you with a mask if you don’t have your own.
- Elise will be wearing a mask, visor and uniform with a plastic disposable apron throughout the session.